11.09.2009

Humility


I don't know why I continue to be amazed by how God works. If I believe His word is true, then I know that He will supply what I need exactly when I need it. I have been struggling lately with getting it right. I see so many areas in my life that need to be worked on that it is just overwhelming. At times, I just want to give it all up. It appears from the outside that it would be easier to just take the broad way and not fight in this battle that we are in. But I need to come to my senses. The facts are these: we ARE in a battle. And I have been blessed beyond belief to be a child of God. Chosen to fight in HIS army. How dare I complain??

I have been seeking God's direction in where I specifically need to work on. But my own strength (or better yet, weakness) gets in the way. I again become overwhelmed. Fast forward to last night. We had a new preacher in. I had heard him preach a couple other times, and I knew I was in for some good preaching. To actually hear from God, and not a man.

God delivered. He gave me just what I needed. Where do I fail? Humility. Matthew 5:3 says,
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Poor in spirit is where I fall short. It doesn't mean you cower to others and feel unworthy. It's knowing your God and seeing all HE has done. All HE does. And realizing how amazing it is that we are even a part of the big picture.

Pastor gave us a list of 6 things to know if you are truly humble. I would like to share them. Really just to brand them even more on my heart.

When you are truly humble,
1.You are lost in the wonder of it all. Remember when you first got saved? Remember how exciting it was. And the Bible. How you could not get enough of it...
2.You won't complain, regardless of the situation. I could write pages on my wrongs in this area.
3. You are going to see others strengths (not weaknesses) more clearly. You know... take the beam out of your own eye...
4.You are thankful for everything God has put in your life. This includes the so called bad stuff.
5. You will surrender to God multiple times a day. This one is my favorite. It clicked with me. I have heard this and even said it before, but have I done it?
6. You will be lifted up. James 4:10 is my verse of memorization for today. "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."

I could write forever. I am so thrilled that God gives us second, third, three hundredth chances!! I just pray that this is me. I truly want to be humbled. I want him to be exalted. Lord help me...

No comments:

Post a Comment