11.26.2009

Thankful beyond the holiday...

Well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope that you had a wonderful day with family and friends, but more importantly that you were able to reflect on God's goodness to us. Even though we should always be thankful, I love that we take a special day to really reflect and thank God for all he has supplied. He has not only given me my needs, but also my desires.

I think everyone that reads this blog reads our other one as well. So you probably know that we are expecting #3. We are especially thankful for this. We know MANY couples that stuggle to conceive. God has chosen them for a special reason. I don't begin to understand it all. But I can't help but think that God knows what others can handle and that they can bless others through their struggles. I have learned so much and been blessed when THEY are faced with dark days. I only pray I have the courage to do the same.

We are also especially thankful because getting to this point has been difficult. I will spare all from details, but we have had our share of struggles with this pregnancy that have been scary, painful, and all together unsettling. But God gave me a peace early on. Not my will, but HIS be done. And that is where we stand. I want only His name to be glorified through this child. And whether I carry it full term, or we lose the baby, I know he can make it to be good.

I want to add just a few more things I am thankful for. I have a list in my Bible that I pray over and thank God for what he has given. Here are some:

My salvation: Without Him, I would be lost and hopeless.
My Husband: I wouldn't be lost without him, but most definetly hopeless. :)
My Samantha: She brings me joy. And patience.
My Molly: She brings fun and excitement.
My church family: They bring me encouragement and help.
My Bible: I am so thankful that I have multiple Bibles in my home and that no one is taking them away. Thank God for the freedoms we still have.

There are many more, but let me end here. I encourage you to think on what you are thankful for. And more importantly, tell God. He loves to hear your praises.

No comments:

Post a Comment