10.01.2009

Forgiveness


Last night I heard a great study on forgiveness. We have all heard the saying, "Forgive and forget." Of course, that is easier said then done. We all have people in our life that have hurt us in one way or another. The ones that have hurt me, I have forgiven, but there are times I doubt myself because the hurt comes right back up if I think about it. How to solve this? The most profound thing of the night that was said was this: "You can not forget, but you can chose not to remember." What he was getting at is that once we have forgiven a person, we need to chose not to dwell on what they had done. We should not think about it, talk about it, gossip about it (big one right there) or even bring it up to the Lord. We need to CHOSE not to remember.

Just remember, when it comes to forgiveness, that you are forgiven by God Almighty. So how can we go around and not forgive someone for something so small... a unkind word, a lie... when we have done so much more to our Christ. Every time I sin, it's like I am hammering the nail in a little deeper into Christ's hand on the cross. But he still for gives me.

2 comments:

  1. Um, yeah. This is a hard one for me. But, it is a good point that we don't forget but can choose not to remember. WOW! Talk about profound! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of the hardest commands to follow, but one of the most rewarding!

    ReplyDelete