9.25.2009

What is a woman?


Well, of course we all know what a woman is, but I have really been asking myself and God, What is a woman in light of what God's word says. We live in an age where God's beautiful plan and image of a woman has been dragged through the mud and spit upon. We are in an age where woman "fight for their right of equality." Why would I want to be equal to a man? We are not the same. News flash: Men and woman ARE different. I am not saying one is better then the other. I am simply saying that we have different roles, different gifts. We see things in completely different ways. This is why they say Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. God designed us this way!

I think the next few posts are going to be dedicated to how I can obtain this "womanhood" that God wants for me. I know that I have a distorted picture at times in what I am to be as a woman. But I know if I keep studying God's word I can find out who God wants me to be... as a wife, as a mother.

I encourage you to read Titus 2:1-5. In fact, I will add it below. Much of what I have learned lately on womanhood has come from these 5 verses.

But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
The aged women likewise, that they may be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment