10.28.2009

Being faithful


He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.~Luke 16:10

This stuck out to me during my devotional. I have read this verse many times and have even heard teaching on it, but it hit me hard this time. Am I faithful in the little things?

We all like to be acknowledged. I love to hear praise. I will be honest. I don't think that is always a bad thing, but is it the best thing? We have to look at the bigger picture. We should be doing something so CHRIST gets the praise. That HE is exalted.

Going back to the question, am I faithful in the little things? I started to go over a list in my head and I realized, there are many things on my "I really hate doing that, so let me hold off for as long as I can" list. No more. I can't be like that. God has convicted me. I need to do everything with the same earnest and the same dedication. It's all important.

I realize that I need to prioritize. I can't clean the bathroom 3 times a week anymore... I have kids to take care of. But it's really about attitude. Why am I doing this? Because it needs to get done? Or because I want others to see what I did and tell me how great I am?

I think about church ministry. So many thankless jobs out there. So many things that people do at church that NO ONE knows about. But God does. And one day it will all come to light. We will see truly who were faithful and I think we may be surprised.

So my prayer is that God helps me with the little things. And that I do them with joy. Knowing, that changing the sheets is a way I can serve God and my family. Knowing, that sending out that note to that someone in need is a way to encourage. And knowing, that taking that phone call, when I really want to take a nap, or read a book, is a way I can love my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment